This certification is intended for the various players in the railway supply chain: suppliers, integrators and operators involved in the design, development, production and maintenance of equipment in Europe and worldwide.
Are you a supplier, integrator or operator in the railway industry involved in the design, development, production or maintenance of equipment? Enhance your quality management system with an undeniable competitive advantage: IRIS - ISO/TS 22163 certification!
Based on the ISO 9001 certification and enriched with specific criteria for the railway sector, the internationally recognised IRIS certification is a performance assessment tool aimed at continuous improvement and operational excellence.
The IRIS (International Railway Industry Standard), introduced in 2006, was developed by Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes) with the help of the major players in the railway industry (Alstom Transport, Bombardier Transportation, Siemens Transportation Systems, AnsaldoBreda, railway equipment manufacturers).
THE BENEFITS OF THIS CERTIFICATION
- Give your customers confidence thanks to a guarantee recognised by professionals in the sector.
- Optimise costs and efforts by obtaining the double IRIS and ISO 9001 certificate through a single combined audit.
- To improve product quality and safety, by strengthening the prevention and reduction of failures in the supply chain.
- To be listed in the IRIS online database.
- Demonstrate that your quality management system is compatible with that of your customers and save time and productivity by eliminating supplier audits.
- Entering new markets by securing new international contracts.
- The assurance that your quality management system incorporates the specificities of the railway industry.
- An ISO 9001 certificate can be awarded independently of the IRIS certificate, even if the conditions for awarding the IRIS certificate are not met.
- A quality performance certificate is issued annually by IMC after each successful audit.
- A performance level visible on the IRIS Portal database, awarded for 1 year following an audit and based on assessments of compliance, customer perception and process performance.
- Highlighting the commitment
- Receive recognition on the IRIS portal
- Elimination of system audits by integrators, thanks to a common vocabulary between integrators, equipment manufacturers and operators.
- International recognition of your Quality Management System in the railway sector, allowing you to develop your market share internationally.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CERTIFICATION
Pre-audit (optional): Carry out a personalised diagnostic to ensure you are on the right track before the certification audit (separate from an audit).
Data review and preparatory review: Intended to assess the level of compliance of the organisation to be certified with the IRIS prerequisites.
Initial on-site audit: Your auditor interviews your teams to analyse your practices and data against the requirements of the standard
Restitution of the audit: Summary presentation of the audit findings and submission of the audit report.
Certification: the AFNOR Group delivers your certificate and your logo.
Monitoring and renewal: Maintenance audit every year and renewal audit every 3 years.
WHY CHOOSE THE AFNOR GROUP?
- The expertise of a leader with over 70,000 certified sites worldwide;
- The reputation of a historical actor in the field of certification of organisations for more than 20 years;
- The strength of a network with 1,750 auditors and evaluators at your service.
- Our presence in more than 100 countries makes it easy for you to go global;
- An offer of complementary certification solutions that are modular and adapted to your situation;
- You have a personalised client area to facilitate the management of your certification, the preparation of your audits and to monitor the progress of your process.
DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD :
USEFUL LINKS :