ISO 14001 certification is a strong commitment by you and your organisation to improve your environmental performance. It proves that your organisation has established a culture of listening to interested parties and taking into account local (pollution, etc.) and global (biodiversity, climate change, preservation of natural resources, etc.) environmental issues.
The ISO 14001 certification conducted by AFNOR helps you to improve the performance of your organisation in order to take into account the new environmental expectations of society.
WHAT IS ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION?
With over 360,000 certificates issued worldwide, ISO 14001 certification is the benchmark for addressing environmental issues in your organisation to improve your overall environmental performance and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It demonstrates your commitment to listening to stakeholders and your ability to take ownership of environmental issues related to your activities, products and services to take action to preserve the environment.
THE BENEFITS OF THIS CERTIFICATION
In a study conducted among AFNOR Group clients, the companies questioned all emphasised the rapid return on investment of their environmental certification process.
ISO 14001 certification allows :
- reduce the use of raw materials by almost 25
- reduce its water and energy consumption by about 15%.
- improve recycling or recovery of its waste by 30%.
- reduce expenses and control budgets
And beyond the environmental aspect:
- increase turnover: an ISO 14001 certified company has an average turnover 16% higher than a non-certified company*.
- anticipate regulatory requirements
- differentiate from the competition and enhance the company's image
* According to the Paris Dauphine Organisational Performance Chair.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Assessment visit (optional): Pre-diagnosis in real conditions with an auditor to maximise your chances of being certified
- Initial audit: Our auditor interviews your teams, analyses your practices, your data with regard to the requirements of the standard
- Restitution of the audit: Summary presentation of the conclusions of the audit, delivery of the audit report
- Certification: The AFNOR Group issues your certificate and logo for 3 years
- Monitoring and renewal: A follow-up audit is planned every year and a renewal audit every 3 years.
WHY CHOOSE THE AFNOR GROUP?
- Qualified auditors who are specialists in your sectors and businesses. Their knowledge of QSE standards enables them to carry out combined audits.
- You have a personalised client area to facilitate the management of your certification, the preparation of your audits and to monitor the progress of your approach
- Our presence in more than 100 countries makes it easy for you to go global
- The reputation of a historical player in the field of certification of organisations for over 20 years
- The strength of a network with 1,750 auditors and evaluators at your service.